The COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic impacts everyone. At Laschuk Law, we understand the uncertainty and worry that this current situation brings about. The health and well-being of our clients and associates is what matters most. We have made some changes in response to these unprecedented circumstances and would like both our clients and potential clients to understand that:
- For those who need to speak with a lawyer, we are available to help you. Please call our office and we will arrange to meet with you by phone or by video conference. We know that in these confusing times, people continue to need help to deal with their family law issues and we are committed to being here for you.
- Our staff is primarily working from home in order to promote the social distancing which authorities have highly recommended. You will still be able to contact your lawyer or any staff member.
- Your lawyer at Laschuk Law will continue to be available to you, and will continue to work diligently on your file. You may phone and email your lawyer now, as before. You may also phone and email any member of the staff, as before. If you are directed to voicemail, please leave a message and your call will be returned as soon as possible.
- For the foreseeable future, your lawyer will be available to meet with you by telephone, video conference or by email. We will be regularly reviewing our ability to hold in-person meetings based on changing circumstances and related guidance from BC health authorities. We will advise immediately when that option again becomes available.
- Court hearings, applications, and in-person court conferences at all levels of British Columbia courts have been cancelled or postponed. New matters coming before the courts are greatly reduced at this time. There is however the opportunity for “urgent” matters still to be dealt with. Please call us if you are wondering about the status of your matter. Likewise, please call us to see if your unique matter or issue is “urgent enough”, in the eyes of the court.
- We will work smart and hard to protect or advance your interests and/or the interests of your children during these challenging times.